| Shopping Basket
|Your shopping basket is empty
It is our commitment to safeguard our customers information when shopping with SimplyElectronics.net.
What information we collect and how it is collected
The information we collect via the Websites may include:
- Any personal details you type in and submit, such as name, address, email address, etc.
- Data which allows us to recognise you, your preferences and how you use our Websites. This saves you from re-entering
information when you return to the Websites. This data is collected by cookies from your navigation around the Websites.
A cookie is a small amount of data which we send to your computer. The data is then stored on your browser or hard disk.
Most web browsers can be set to prevent you from receiving new cookies, notify you before accepting cookies or disable
cookies altogether. Details about this can normally be found in the Help facility provided with your browser. If you
disable cookies, you will not be able to receive personalised facilities. The cookies store information only for as long
as you are viewing the Websites.
- Your IP address (this is your computer's individual identification number) which is automatically logged by our web server.
This is used to note your interest in our Websites.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
What we do with your information
The details we collect will be used:
We would also like to email or post you details of various promotions, goods and services that we can offer you through our
affiliates and suppliers. These include all kinds of electrical and communications products, as well as related service and
insurance agreements. If you wish to receive these, please tick the "Yes" box when entering your personal details.
You may unsubscribe at a later date, if you wish, by clicking on "Please unsubscribe me").
- to process your order, to process any application for finance or a mobile phone contract etc., to maintain guarantee records
and to provide after-sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products
or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service);
- to carry out security checks (this may involve passing your details to Experian Limited, or another credit reference agency,
who will check details we give them against public and private databases and may keep a record of that check to use in
future security checks - this helps to protect you and us from fraudulent transactions); and
- to comply with legal requirements (e.g. if you buy a TV or similar, we are obliged to pass your details to
the TV licensing authority).
We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use
our site and issuing our e-mails for us. Rest assured that third parties will not be allowed to use your personal
information for their own purposes without your prior permission to do so.
You can ask us to update or remove your personal information by emailing email@example.com.
their own policy, which may differ from ours.