EISA Award: European Professional Camera 2008-2009
Nikonís first ever FX format camera enables photographers who work under extreme conditions to stay ahead of the game.
The D3 features a highly sensitive 12.1 megapixel CMOS sensor that boasts an extendable ISO range of 200 to 6400, and its Kevlar/carbon fiber-composite shutter and EXPEED image processing engine enable it to shoot at a staggering 9 fps (11 fps in DX Crop mode).
The advanced Scene Recognition System delivers superior exposures and is supported by Nikonís next-generation 51-point AF system, which offers broad coverage and high sensitivity in low light.
Selectable Picture Controls streamline in-camera image processing, saving time in post-production, and a high definition 3-inch LCD screen supports two Live View modes plus an HDMI video output.
Protected by a tough, environmentally-sealed magnesium alloy body, the D3 sets the benchmark for professional action photography.
- 12.1 megapixel FX format CMOS sensor
- ISO 200 Ė 6400
- 9fps consecutive shooting
- EXPEED image processing engine
- Advanced Scene Recognition System
- Multi-CAM3500FX 51-point AF system
- Picture Controls
- 920,000 dot 3-inch VGA LCD monitor
- Live View with Autofocus
- Two Crop Modes : DX format and 5:4 ratio
- Quick response
- Highly accurate, durable Kevlar/carbon fiber-composite shutter unit
- Active D-Lighting
- Dual CF card slots
- HDMI video output interface
- Intuitive ergonomics
- Durable Magnesium alloy body
- Wireless LAN and Ethernet support
- Storage Media: CompactFlash (Type I/II, compliant with UDMA); Microdrives
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 159.5 x 157 x 87.5 mm (6.3 x 6.2 x 3.4 in.)
- Weight: Approx. 1,240 g (2.7 lb.) without battery, memory card, body cap or accessory shoe cover